Here, I will record my emotions, experiences, prayers, and praises as I respond to God moving in my life and those around me.
My first choice was to call this blog "My Response" because I believe Jesus calls us beyond the initial encounter to follow Him. A relationship with Him means responding to who He is day by day, moment by moment. My response to His callings will be recorded in various ways throughout this blog I want to share with all of you.
But some lucky fella picked that name already, so I chose Singing My Desert Song instead. I hope you pick up the pun, but for those who haven't, Desert Song is one of my all time favorite Christian songs, and is fitting because I will be in Arizona!
For those of you who blog regularly, please comment and keep up with my posts! For those of you who do not, I will post most, if not all, of my posts on Facebook!
Before I even start this journey, and as I prepare my heart to respond to a calling waaaay bigger than me, I am reminded to thank people who have supported my walk with the Lord and made this possible.
Sooo, Thank you to:
Tony Sheng, my mentor who let me intern with Embercast (and contact to Amadeo Church in Queens Creek), my parents and siblings who are just as excited as I am to send me off in my not so conventional first semester of college, to my youth group leaders in Maryland, Anna Moore and Mariana Ganim who believed in me and Jesus's work in me enough to encourage me constantly to step out and follow the Spirit's unpredictable calling. Lastly, Amadeo Church, who hosted me on a missions trip two years ago, and blew me away enough to make me want to return and be apart of the mighty work they are doing in Arizona, I feel so blessed (#blessed) to be invited back with open arms, and so many offering to host me in their homes. I am so excited to meet the Ozmon family, who has so generously offered to care for me while I am there.
Let the Journey Begin!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment