Last Monday I had the privilege of going 4-wheeling in the desert with Katelyn and Eddie. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time. Being the young and reckless teenager I am, I got a little carried away and was going too fast on an unfamiliar road. I ended up approaching a rocky path that intimidated me. I pulled the breaks and I went flying! But there were so many miracles in that experience. For one, the 4 wheeler I was driving had ropes and a box cutter and heavy things in the front of it that kept falling out earlier in my ride. So prior to the fall i took all of those out, which would have fallen on me. I also only hit my ankle on a rock rather than my head or any other place that would have been a major injury. Yet another blessing was having 3 people and 2 4 wheelers so I was able to ride on the back and we didn't have to abandon an ATV. Not only that, but Katelyn and Eddie took such good care of me...thankful for these friends!! The timing also couldn't have been better, because I didn't have to work at the coffee shop and I was going to see my dad who could help me take care of it. I'm still a little sore, but I'm walking great and still look back on that day as one of my favorites from my time in Arizona.
Tuesday for reasons I cannot explain, I rode a public bus from Phoenix to LA, a 7 hour bus ride that probably wasn't the safest option. Nevertheless it was a great ride and I met the sweetest lady. We talked most of the way. God definitely had his hand in that because both of us were nervous and prayed for good company. I arrived in Long Beach Tuesday night to be greeted by my dad I miss dearly and haven't seen since August. That alone was a blessing, but his hug was followed by embraces from my grandparents who are in their early 90s, and my uncle. I had a great thanksgiving with them and ate way more than necessary! I woke up to a beautiful sunrise every day on my trip, which I praise God for making.
My favorite part of my visit was being able to record my grandparents life story, including a 70 year marriage, to save forever in an archive through StoryCorps. Hearing their accomplishments, their undying love, and their incredible strength brought me to tears. I've never felt so proud of where I've come from. It was such a privilege to be the one to record their legacy. I cannot wait for the future generations to hear their story.
I also stayed at my aunts house Saturday and she willingly drove me to the bus stop this morning. I'm so thankful for family, that even when the visits are short and infrequent, they are still filled with so much love and good times.
Now I'm heading back to Arizona, where I've been referring to as home, for the final two weeks of these incredibly short 4 months. Posts to come on my thankfulness for Arizona and my new found family there!
God gives everyone things to be thankful for. Do you acknowledge them? He's put on my heart to see Him in even the littlest of circumstances. His blessings are always awesome, but for some reason they feel better and mean more when you acknowledge him for it. Thank Him.
"Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!" - Psalm 95:2
No comments:
Post a Comment