Sunday, November 29, 2015

Leaving

The bible says to be in debt in love...I have a huge debt I can never pay off to Amadeo.

I still can't wrap my mind around how I got the privilege of taking off a semester of school to bombard the Amadeo community and live in the love that they never run out of. My prayer for all churches is to grasp this kind of Kingdom love in their own communities. I'll never forget experiencing it the way I have. 

I'm in debt to so many but here are a few

Katelyn, for always driving and giving up her Monday to spend time with me. Your friendship made  my time here so rich.

Cheryl and Gary, my wonderful host parents who also drove me whenever needed, cooked delicious meals, taught me how to cook, prayed for me and helped me understand the reality and depth of an intimate relationship with God

Ben and Mandy, who were constant encouragements, reminding me my labor was not in vain, listening and guiding me toward right choices... For seeing through my "I'm good!" Facade and letting me be real and break down

Shelly who drove me every day to the coffee shop, knew how to make me cry (in a good way) in a second, who laughed with me, became one of my greatest role models, friend, and support. 

Geneva and Louise, with a laugh so contagious it was hard to frown around them

Lindsey and Lesilee Ozmon for being the best older sisters and letting me invade their home. I learned so much from these girls and am forever grateful for their patience when I came home tired and they listened to me think aloud and tell stupid stories and eat their food...

Sherri, for also giving me rides and being such a great example of a godly woman who discerns truth, constantly finds ways to love those who need it most, and is so present in every conversation although we all know she holds a lot on her plate...

Doni, Debby, and Michael who always encouraged me and believed in me. Seeing their love for Jesus in all circumstances left me in tears

The prayer warriors who spent hours praying over me, helped me find healing I didn't know was possible, and showed me a new way to seek God

This is just to name a few. You all touched me in special ways that I'll never forget. Thank you for hosting me, letting me rediscover who I am in Christ and refresh my broken spirit. I'm sure I'll find a way back to you guys somehow, but until then know I am incredible grateful for the love you have for each other, which is a true testimony of God's love. Thank you Amadeo, for fighting the good fight and changing people's lives by showing them Jesus in all you do.

3 comments: