Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Quirkiness in Queen Creek

Being in Arizona really does feel like a whole new world even if it's on the same continent as my home. 

So here's some fun facts I've gathered about these crazy Arizonans..
1) even though it's 10000 degrees, almost everyone always wears jeans. Still haven't gotten to the bottom of this.

2) it is not illegal to text and drive, however there is a law that prohibits donkeys in your bath tub after 7pm.... It makes me wonder what ass was caught in the act!!

3) they say "the" in unnecessary places in their sentences. Example: we're gonna get on the 202 to Phoenix. Why?!?

4) they also don't say north or south when referring to high ways and everything is at an intersection apparently. "Oh yeah it's at power and ray" for about every shop you could need

5) clouds are the most exciting thing here! Clouds = storm and although they know rain is coming...they even call it "monsoon season"...they haven't figured out a drainage system. More than an inch and it's possible you'll get off work. I saw on the news there was .8 of an inch and there was a unanimous "oh no!" 
(But I must say the heat lightning here is incredible)

6) they're a different breed out here, every personality is really distinct and everyone's super friendly, it must be the sunshine (or the joy of the Lord!)

7) lizards are as common as squirrels. I get that it's a desert and all but I really wasn't expecting that! 

Despite these differences I really am feeling at home here. I'm so glad I decided to spend my first semester doing something different with different people than I'm used to! It's been a blast, and I hope no one takes offense to any of that, just fun stuff I've noticed!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment