Tuesday, December 8, 2015

"The End Times" (lol)

1 week...

I saw the end coming, but it's hitting me how quickly it's happening. I'm having a hard time putting into words all I'm feeling...but I'll try!

This last week feels a lot like the first, I want to cherish every moment. I want to be so present working at the coffee shop, serving at restore, having what may be the last conversations with people I love so much.

But this week also feels a lot different. I'm leaving a newfound home, not coming to a new place. And as cliche as it sounds, I'm not who I was when I came. I've grown in my relationship with Christ, as a young woman, and as a servant of the Lord in ways I didn't know were possible just 4 months ago. 

I grasp love in a community setting I've never known before...which makes it hard to leave. But I know God has allowed me to experience the incredible love of Amadeo, so I can share it wherever I go. As comfortable as I could be staying here and receiving wisdom and love in mass quantities, it's time to pass it on in another setting where that love is needed. I've been listening to this song, "you have called me higher, you have called me deeper and I'll go where you will lead me, Lord" and it's that simple. God is calling me to a new place, where he wants his kingdom to come. As excited as I am for the next step on this incredible journey with Him, I am sad I have to leave.

God's work in me while I've been here is inexpressible. This experience has helped formed who I am, at such a critical point in my life, in beautiful ways. I'm so thankful this was in God's plan for me. I've been told I touched lives here, but I know I've been touched by everyone in this community in one way or another. I'm positive I've received more than I've given, and that is an unexpected gift from the Lord's sweet grace.

Another question I've been asked is what was my favorite part. Well, there's no part that wasn't my favorite, but I would have to say the things that weren't planned. The relationships I formed, the opportunity to share the gospel with people who haven't heard it, seeking Jesus desperately for strength when I've come to the end of myself, and learning about myself and what true Love is. Needless to say, I would do this all over again without a doubt. 

Thank you Amadeo for your love, and I hope I get to spend a great deal of time with the majority of you this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment